Monday, April 21, 2008

The "sexy" "rockers" I just do not get

I've decided to get all crazy with the blog and add a poll, and it's not just for fun - it's something I'm genuinely interested in.

Maybe it's because I'm a child of the 90's, but geez, I just don't get how some older women swoon over today's aging rockers. Rod Stewart was once a sex symbol? Seriously? And Steve Perry inspired many a lady to throw her panties onstage during a 1980's Journey concert? Blows my mind.

I can understand certain aging rockers being panty-soaking studs during their prime. Mick Jagger, James Taylor, David Cassidy - I've seen the pictures from their rocker primes, and my god, I can understand any girl wanting to roll around in the hay with one of those fellas. Or I don't know, cover their face with kisses (did any girl really want to do that to their crush when they were 14? My adolescent fantasies were full of unbridled sexcapades, but maybe that's just me).

But Rod Stewart's tight-panted mole-faced physique does not do it for me; neither does Steve Perry's angular nose. Ugh, and Keith Richards? I thought it was a joke when my aunt confessed that she had a thing for Richards back in the day. Poor Pete Doherty, if he'd only been a rocker back in the 70's, his dirty fingernails and crackpipe-burnt lips would have been coveted and loved by millions.

SO vote (even if you're a heterosexual dude - pick based on which one you'd rather be, I guess), and if you feel compelled to explain the ultra-sexiness of the young Stewart, Perry and/or Richards, please do so in the comments.

Because let's face it - this post is coming from a chick who's main girlhood crush was on David Duchovny, savior to geeks and conspiracy theorists across the nation.

No comments: